Total time: 1:00
Serves: 8 people
- 2 small pumpkins
- 4 red onions
- 3 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
- 150 mL medium white wine
- 40 g. sage
- 25 g. Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Peel, deseed and cut the pumpkins into wedges and arrange over two baking trays. Peel and cut the red onions into thick wedges, retaining some of the root so they hold together.
- Add the onions to the pumpkins, and toss with two tablespoons of the olive oil. Pour over the white wine and season.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, then toss the sage leaves in the remaining oil and scatter over the vegetables.
- Return to the oven, swapping the trays over, and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the sage is crisp and the vegetables are soft and golden.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and serve.