The Staffordshire University has invited applications from all the computer games enthusiasts, for its three-year BSc (Hons) computer games design programme. Interested, eligible candidates should be holding a minimum of 70 per cent overall score in class 12.
The Staffordshire University, United Kingdom has invited applications from all the computer games enthusiasts, for its three-year BSc (Hons) computer games design programme. The course will commence from September.
In a statement, the university said, ”If you’re interested in becoming a 3D artist, animator or games designer, our Computer Games Design degree could be for you. We work closely with our Visiting Professor, Mike Gamble (European Territories Manger for EPIC Games) to make sure the course content is always relevant, so you’ll have excellent employment opportunities within the games industry.
BSc Computer Games Design is run in affiliation with games industry body TIGA, and has been developed with industry contacts using the latest software to help you pursue the career of your choice.
2016/17 New Entrants, Full Time
- Home and EU students: 9,000 Euro per year of study
- International students: 10,600 Euro per year of study
2017/18 New Entrants, Full Time
- Home and EU students: 9,250 Euro per year of study
- International students: 10,900 Euro per year of study
- Interested, eligible candidates should be holding a minimum of 70 per cent overall score in class 12
- A overall IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in speaking, writing, reading and listening.
What all will be covered?
- Year 1: Students will learn about the reverse engineering of current games, level design based on the principles of architecture and games design documentation. They’ll gain a solid grounding in 3D modelling and will begin to develop an understanding of 3D games engines
- Year 2: Students will work on a collaborative group project as a member of a development team. They’ll learn how to produce 3D characters and study different texturing methods
- Year 3: Students will work as a senior or lead member of the collaborative development team. They’ll develop their 3D modelling skills with advanced techniques and asset development..