- 2 aubergines
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 200 g. quinoa
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 80 g. cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 150 g. feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
- Cut the aubergines lengthways into 1.5cm thick strips and lay on a baking tray. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the aubergine slices well under cold water and pat dry.
- Lightly oil a couple of large baking trays and then lay the aubergine slices in rows. Dribble with a little olive oil and place in the oven to cook until tender for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the quinoa in a pan with twice the volume of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the quinoa for 8 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain the quinoa and place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Season to taste.
- When the aubergine slices are tender and beginning to turn golden brown remove from the oven and spread a tablespoon of quinoa mixture on the top of each aubergine slice.
- Return the aubergine slices to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve the aubergine hot from the oven.