Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But regular Oatmeal and fruit juice may give you a sense of mundanity. So we bring to you Pasi Payaru Upma, which has a desi tadka that will give your taste buds a wonderful treat and gets ready in no time. This recipe by Subrata Debnath, executive chef of Vivanta by Taj, Gurgaon, is one you should try really soon.
2-3 tbsp – Sesame oil
1/2 tsp – Mustard seeds
2 sprigs – Curry leaves
2-inch Ginger, finely chopped
1.5 Onions, finely chopped
2 – Dried red chillies
1 tsp – Green chillies, chopped
1 bowl – Grated idlis (5-6 pcs)
Salt – To taste
3 sprigs – Coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp – Grated coconut
* Pour some sesame oil in a pan
* Put mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped ginger, onions. Stir it well until onions get caramelised.
* Add chopped green chillies to taste.
* Next, add a pinch of turmeric and water if needed.
* Add the chopped idlis in the pan and mix with the ingredients.
* Add salt according to your taste.
* Add some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
* Add some grated coconut
* Now its ready to be served.