- Death Stranding could eventually come to PC
- Sony would like to keep it a PS4 exclusive
- The release window for the game may be shifted to early 2020
Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima’s next game is Death Stranding. While it’s expected to see a full reveal at E3 2018, some details may have been leaked prior to an official announcement from his studio Kojima Productions or the game’s publisher, Sony. One of these include the possibility of Death Stranding for PC a year after the PS4 release. According to a post on 4chan (via TheNerdMag.com), Death Stranding release date is slated for early 2020 as it has been delayed internally. Furthermore the source claims “it will be on PC at an undecided time after the PS4 release. Likely not for at least 12 months.”
In addition to this, it seems that Sony want complete exclusivity, though the “minimum contractual obligation is a year”. Also, there’s a ton of information regarding gameplay.
Death Stranding gameplay
- Tons of weapons, vehicles, gadgets and gear from multiple era’s, from clubs to single shot muskets to energy swords.
- The baby is something that exists as a singular, it is not something that is instanced each time you boot up the game. The baby is a single entity. He is what is causing the time distortions and dimensions crossing over, which is multiplayer.
- When the community has reached the end of the game, there will need to be a global decision made to kill the baby and end DS multiplayer forever, or allow it to live and continue the multiplayer experience.
- Players in other games can do things at certain points in time that will have a butterfly effect in your game, this can happen both while you are actively playing or while the game is off. They can be positive or bad things (stick or rope).
- PVP can happen at any point if you and another player accidentally cross timelines while time traveling.
- When you die that timeline is closed forever, significant things that encapsulate that Sam’s story in that timeline will travel with you to the ocean floor before you re-emerge and continue in a new timeline. As you and other players pollute the ocean, it will cause sea-life to die and wash up on shore.
Plus, there’s information in terms of its E3 2018 trailer too.
Death Stranding E3 2018 trailer
- Trailer will end with Sam laying naked and lifeless on the beach. At this point Kojima will take the stage, start the PS4 controller and the light coming on the controller will sync up with the light on Sam’s bracelet/handcuff. He will then stand up and we dive into gameplay. This is done as a continuous cut, at the end of the gameplay section we time travel backwards to the start of the trailer. We will see part of the trailer play out from the perspective of the player. The music the trailer is cut to will also sound as though its coming from off in the distance.
- He will start the controller and it will be made to look like he’s playing but its pre-recorded. The way Sony is doing their show this year makes it pretty easy to hide just due to setup and stuff. But that kind of thing isn’t uncommon at E3 anyway.
- Kojima has been known to having themes of absurdist and other forms of expression in his works and while a lot of the stuff can be dismissed as just pure trolling, you have to keep in mind that Kojima has been known to play with the fan base, players and continue to catch us off guard every time.
This being said, the rumour mill tends to go overboard prior to E3 2018. Sony’s PlayStation E3 2018 conference should have Death Stranding present and hopefully, our first real look of what to truly expect from Hideo Kojima.