- 400 g. sprouts cleaned, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100 g. pomegranate seeds
- 75 g. almonds with skin on, roughly chopped
- 75 g. parmesan or pecorino, grated
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- salt and pepper, to dress
- Clean the Brussels sprouts and trim to remove a little of the stalk, and any damaged leaves. Using a large knife, slice the sprouts very thinly so that they look like shredded cabbage (you can also do this bit using the shredder on a food processor if you have one!) Once they are all shredded rub them between your hands to separate the layers, then pop in a mixing bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped almonds and leave for about 20 seconds, then shake the pan. You want to toast them until they are a golden colour and you can smell the nutty-ness, and then add a pinch of sea salt, and set to one side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and shallot with a pinch of black pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the sprouts and tip in the pomegranate, cheese and nuts (reserving a few nuts for the top). Toss together until everything is evenly mixed and coated.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with the remaining nuts before serving.
- Kcal 215kcal
- Protein 10g
- Carbs 6g
- Fat 15g